Translate

Wednesday 15 August 2012

A boy's letter to his father


A father passing by his son’s bedroom just decides to check his son’s bedroom and was surprise to see his son’s bed neatly made up and the floor neatly swept. Then suddenly he saw an envelope on the pillow. Wondering what is in the envelope; he opened the envelope and read the letter with trembling hands:
Dear Dad,
It is with great pain and sorrow that I'm writing to you., I had to move to my girlfriend’s house because I wanted to avoid a scene with you and Mom. I've been finding real love with Kate and she is so nice and caring. I knew you would not approve her for me because of her behavior, how she dress and what she wear and the tattoos all over her body and probably because she is much older than I am but it's not only the Love, Dad, Kate is pregnant. She said that we are going to be very happy and we will be okay. She owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood, enough for the whole winter and we hope of having more children.
Kate has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn’t hurt anyone. We'll be planting it and selling it to other people in the community for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want. In the meantime, we pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so Kate can get better; Dad, I'm 16 years old now so you don’t have to worry about me I can take care of myself. I know for sure that, someday, we'll be back to visit you so that you can get to know your grandchildren.
                                                                                                               Your son, Junior
Please Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at David’s house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than the report card that's in my desk drawer.
I love you! Call when it is safe for me to come home!


No comments: